Monday, November 28, 2016

Audience Description Post

1. My typical audience member is a white mother that is of upper middle class. She is usually around the age of 32 or higher and she doesn't generally have a degree higher than a bachelor's. Both sides of the political spectrum contribute to the anti-vax campaign, but they largely tend to be the politically left. She probably lives in more liberal states (California in particular) and generally she is a holistic liver (Paleo dies and all natural health over going to the doctor's office)

2. She is a white 35 year old and has a soccer mom "I'd like to speak to the manager" Bob haircut.

3. Both me and the anti-vax mom care about the health of children. We also both worry about the effects learning disorders might have on children's lives. Anti-vax and I are both weary of government involvement in personal health, and we both like to do research before we agree to any medical procedures.

4. Anti-vax is a mother and I am not so she may believe I have no say in this issue. I believe that even if vaccinations did cause autism (they don') it would still be better than dying from a preventable disease. I believe that a parent's duty is not only to their own children but to the children they are putting at risk by not vaccinating their children. Anti-vax does not seem to agree.  I believe in scientific research and evidence, while she believes in holistic healers.

5. As of right now I don't see anything insurmountable in our differences. I think that arguing from a scientific standpoint might not be completely persuasive, but I think that other aspect of my argument will make up for it.

6. I think our common ground will be the want for healthy children and a healthy society.

7. I will not conceded that autism is this horrible disease that is somehow worse than dying. I will also not conceded that vaccinations cause autism when that study has been disproven. Additionally, I won't conceded that their choice for their child is more important than the health of the many.

8. I will explicitly acknowledge and respond to audiance objection in the middle of my paper. I want to introduce my argument respond to their possible objection and then finish my conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment